Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm outta here

I leave in 24 hours for Georgia. Eep!

I've been running around trying to get things done before I go. The time crunch has forced me into linguistic situations I've been avoiding all semester, like taking my shoes in to get the heels fixed, and riding a marshrutka (minibus) all by myself to a place I've never been before... sounds elementary, but I've been ridiculously afraid of doing that since... always! Because it involves talking to the bus driver. I know, dumb, right? So yay me.

I should still have some email access from Georgia, but I'm not sure how much blog updating I'll be able to do. I'll be sure to take careful notes on my experiences, however, and give you all a probably much too full update when I get back to Russia.

If I don't get to say it later, Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a FANTASTIC adventure. I wanna have an adventure...

Anonymous said...

Afraid to talk to the bus driver? Should be no problem as long as you have the proper fare. Trust me, he/she's probably as enthusiastic about talking to you as...never mind.