Monday, February 2, 2009

My life is boring and that's why I'm not writing

Hi Everyone,

Nothing new has really happened since I got back from Georgia, which is why I haven't been writing much. I had a my-host-mom-is-in-Egypt party a couple weekends ago which was pretty successful. I made a giant pot of chili and a triple-batch of cornbread which everyone ate with relish.

Classes are going fine. This semester they've added a mass media class to our lineup, which I'm very much enjoying, as it forces me to engage with Russian news sources more often, and since my Russian is now good enough to understand the news, both on TV and in print, we're able to work on analysis and finding bias.

I'm climbing back on the fitness wagon after a two-month hiatus. I went to the gym at 7 AM last Friday to find that the one person who could get the key from the guard was half an hour late to work, so I just went home. It was a frustrating beginning to my new regimen. Why, I stood there wondering, can't ANY employee take the key? There were three other employees also standing outside waiting. Dumb dumb dumb system. Anyway, I was able to get in and start working out right at 7 today. I'm going to try to make it a part of my daily routine. Hope it works - I'm aiming to lose 10 pounds by May.

Ummm.... yeah, that's it. It hasn't been terribly cold here. It's getting definitively lighter every day; soon I'll have the joy of walking-to-school sunrises again.

Sorry my blog got boring. I'm sure something culturally significant will happen soon about which I can comment.

Oh, also, my computer died about two weeks ago, so if I've been slow to respond to email or Facebook posts, that's why. :)

No comments: