Sunday, June 1, 2008

Can't I just pack you all up and take you with me?

1. I know I am going to have a great time.
2. I am going to miss you all so much.

Why does having fantastic experiences often mean leaving people you really care about? I don't have a lot of people I truly consider friends, so leaving the ones I do consider mine is hard. I don't like to think about the fact that I may never see some of my friends again, as the call of jobs and other opportunities pulls us all to different parts of our vast country and world. The homebody side of me wants everyone to just stay where they are (i.e., near me), so we can all be together forever. It's not really a fair dream, since I myself am scooting off halfway around the world... but I'd like everyone to be here when I get back!

Okay, I'm done now. I would never want to deny any of my friends the opportunities to pursue their own dreams, wherever that may take them. Let's just not forget each other, okay?

1 comment:

ame said...

no worries, no forgetting will happen.

i had a hell of a time getting those damn pics up and the captions are screwy but at that point i didn't care. and i still don't enough to fix them. ha. maybe next time it'll work out better...

you leave soon!! i'm excited for you! :)