Monday, June 9, 2008

Just like Frosty the Snowman, I'll be back next year

Wow, what a week. Each day the past week was spent with a friend I won't be seeing again for at least a year. I spent yesterday alternately bursting into tears and dashing around the house, trying to pack up everything I own for Mom to take home and store for me at her house. Today I worked some magic (and did some pruning) to finally get all my stuff to fit into one suitcase (and a laptop tote and my biggest purse). And now I'm sitting in the ITC in Seashore Hall, just me and the room monitor. It's quarter to 1, in one hour and 25 minutes I'll be leaving this town I love for a long time. I've printed myself directions for every step of travel between here and Middlebury (bus, subway, plane, bus, train, bus, bus, bus.....), I have enough snacks to avoid buying overpriced airport and train station food, and the only thing I didn't have time for was a haircut.

The leaving is the hard part. I think the arriving will be okay. It will help a lot to get to see Kerry for a few days in New Haven before heading up to Vermont.

I'm going to miss you all like crazy. Don't forget about me-- keep me posted with what's going on at home, too.

Love,
Alli

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wheeeee! I'm gonna see you in a few hours!