Sunday, June 22, 2008

Disco!

Saturday=awesome.

I was going to do some homework during the day, but I didn't. I worked out at the gym and watched our soccer team practice through the window as I ellipticaled. Then I watched the actual Russian soccer team beat Holland 3-1. Whoo!

The weather here alternates between these quick but heavy showers and crystal clear, beautiful sunny weather. Luckily after dinner, it was nice out, so I went for a walk (I was going to go to the film screening last night, but I was tired of sitting already from watching the football match). I walked by myself for a while, then happened to meet Gary, a first-year, and we walked together for a while.

Then we had a Disco!!!!! Unfortunately they only had about 10 songs they played over and over -- I think all the students need to band together to provide more Russian dance music. All the same, I danced for about three hours straight. My back and shoulders are so sore today, but it was so much fun! I haven't been dancing in ages; I'm going to have to make a more frequent habit of it.

After the disco we continued the party at one of the dorms here, which is located sort of in the woods. I'd never been there before. It's much newer than the dorm I'm in, which is very cool. I was there until about 1:30 or 2, when most of the party split up and went home. We all have homework to do today, after all. =)

No comments: