Thursday, July 17, 2008

I've got one word for you: каникулы

Yep, I've somehow survived to our "break:" a glorious three day weekend. Guess what I'll be doing during that time? While I do intend to spend some time in the sun, I also have to write a midterm essay and I want to get a head start on my presentation for Conversation Practice, plus I have regular homework, so... I'll be studying! But three days is nothing to sneeze at. I think everyone needs a break from class right now, including our teachers.

Last night we watched a movie called The Cranes are Flying (Летят журавли). We didn't get to watch to the end, though, because the disc was defective! Ahhh!! I know the end is going to be horribly sad, but I have to finish it. It's a fantastic movie, and the camera work is simply beautiful. A guy goes off to war and while he's gone, his girlfriend marries his cousin, but sort of by mistake. That's as far as I got. Aleksei Batalov stars as Boris. Wow. Hot. He's older than my grandparents, perhaps even dead? But hot in 1956. I was told that they've ordered a new disc and we're going to watch the end sometime, so I'll find out soon what happens.

The food here seems to be getting worse and worse. Friday or Saturday I'm going to make dinner at home for some friends. I just need to find some kitchen stuff...

Okay, I'm going to take a long-awaited nap.

No comments: