Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Monday

Понедельник-- тяжёлый день. Russians call Monday the "heavy/difficult/severe/grave" day. They aren't kidding. In normal life back home, Mondays were never really much of a problem for me. But now that I'm studying Russian all the time, Monday truly is the hardest day of the week. I can't seem to wake up, so I can't get anything done, so I'm up later than usual.... it's an unfortunate predicament.

The other thing I've noticed the past few days has to do with food. Maybe it's because I'm not making my own food anymore, maybe it's because I'm tired of what they serve at the cafeteria, but I can't seem to get satisfied lately. Sure, I get full. But I feel like something's missing, like I haven't had enough of something, and I can't figure out what it is. I eat a good variety of foods every day, including lots and lots of fruits and veggies, but there must be something I eat more at home that simply is lacking here. That, or it's stress. Probably it's stress.

And while I'm complaining: my back really, really hurts here. The mattresses are terrible, and even though I walk everywhere, everything is so close together that I don't get much exercise between sitting in class and sitting in the library. Even when I sat a lot at home, I always got at least a good 20-40 minutes of walking in every day.

Okay, I'm done complaining. On a more upbeat note, we have karaoke this Friday, which is going to be a lot of fun. Every class is preparing a song, plus individuals can do songs too. It's probably going to be pretty embarrassing. Oh well, the things we do in foreign languages...

This evening I will be attending the Business Russian club. Well, they say "club," but really, it's another class. However, we learn lots of useful vocabulary, so it'll be good for me. Then I have some reading to do, and then I'm going to bed early! I'm going to try to get to the gym in the morning.

Hope all is well at home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

доме -тоже тяжёлый.

ну, не пуха не пора!

Unknown said...

podborodok vverkh, podruzhka! ostaetsia tolko 3 nedeli, a potom--NASTOIASHCHAIA malnutrition!

No serezno, mne kazhetsia, chto eto prosto drugaia versiia kulturnogo shoka. tiazhelo sejchas, a skoro budet legche. obnimaiu, i budu rada skoro uvidet tebia! tseluiu!!

ame said...

haha. i spoke too soon. it looks as though you are also struggling with not being able to be as active as you'd like...