Saturday, August 16, 2008

Beer

Kerry, Sasha, and I had a pretty lazy day. Sasha and I got up before eight to see our teachers off. I can't believe how much crap they have to cart back to Petersburg. We spent the day watching the Russian mini-series Esenin, napping (Kerry), reading Russian Cosmo (Sasha), and chatting with Georgians online (me). In the afternoon, we drove over to the Otter Creek Brewery for the free tour and beer samples.

Me and Kerry sport some classy safety glasses:

Sasha with her very first beer ever and the otter:
Kerry with a small, small sausage, me with a small, small beer, and an otter:
After the brewery tour Kerry and I went to dinner at Fire and Ice, where we enjoyed the Salad Ballroom and the kitchy interior. One beer run later, we were back at the dorm, where I bit the bullet and finished packing. Amazingly, everything seems to fit in my suitcase better than it did the first time around. We'll be eating breakfast at an as-yet undetermined eatery, and then Kerry's driving us to the airport in Burlington. Completely by accident, Sasha and I are on the same flight to DC, so we don't have to say bye quite as early.

I've had a fantastic summer in Middlebury, but I feel ready to move on to the next adventure. I'll update again once I'm lodged in the Embassy Suites for our three-day orientation next week.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love brewery tours. I've never had an Otter Creek beer. You failed to mention if they were any good...

Alli said...

Good point, Jeff. Yes, the beers were good. I particularly enjoyed the wit, as I tend to like most wheat beers. Theirs was nice and citrusy. I also found the brown ale pleasantly chocolaty.

Peter said...

I second the comment about loving brewery tours. Sounds absolutely fantastic.

Otter Creek...isn't that the brewery that produces Wolaver's organic ales?? I've had some of those. Yummy!!

Alli said...

Otter Creek does indeed make the Wolaver's organics. I second that yummy! They have a pretty tasty pumpkin beer, and you know how fond I am of O'Fallons!