Sunday, August 17, 2008

Everybody got crabs....

..... and ate them. :D


"Here's lookin' at you, kid"




I have safely arrived in DC after a tough goodbye with Kerry and Stephanie. Dad and I are spending the night at the home of his cousin Steve and his wife, Betty. I think I met them when I was a little kid, but I don't remember them at all. They are the nicest people ever! Steve has a smile like Robin Williams but definitely the nose of a Rockwell. And they make their own wine! I tried some - it was fantastic. They have lots of great stories to tell, including about family members, which is always interesting for me to hear. Also, as documented above, I ate crab for the first time ever in my life, including all of the tearing off of limbs and busting open of shells. Part of me was simply enjoying the tasty food, while another part, which I kept trying to shush, was mortified and slightly nauseated at the whole process. My fingers seem to have acquired a non-washing-off fish smell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how the dogs in the first picture are eyeing your sea bugs.

Stefa said...

First time ever? Good stuff, isn't it!? :)