Monday, August 18, 2008

Touristing

Dad and I did some of the typical touristy things in DC yesterday, including a trip to see the Lincoln Memorial:


We also walked through the Vietnam memorial. Looking at all those names on that wall made me want to cry, even though I don't know any of them personally. It's just so many boys. And for what?

Dad and I also hit up the Smithsonian Museum of Modern Art, which had some good stuff, and a couple sculpture gardens. I really liked this one: it's a triangle, two sides of which are two-way mirror, and the third side that wooden lattice thing. The pictures turned out kind of cool:


If you'd like to see more pictures from our touristing adventures, click here.

Dad dropped me off at the Embassy Suites this morning and headed back to Texas. I'm gonna miss him! Now I'm just chilling in my suite for a few hours, waiting for my oral exam time this afternoon. Our meeting begins this evening with dinner, and for the next couple days I'm going to be swamped with tests (the same ones I took two weeks ago, blargh!), lectures about culture shock, etc.

No comments: