Monday, August 4, 2008

Stuff I've been doing

Here's our soccer team getting a pep talk before the match with the French school. Despite the patriotically waving Russian flag, we got our butts kicked. It wasn't pretty. But we've got a good team anyway!


Saturday evening there was a concert of Russian folk music by Zolotoi Plios, the musicians who direct our choir. Before the concert, Foma (Tom) and I grabbed a beer at the Two Brothers. He will also be in St. Petersburg this fall, although on a different program, so it was good to get to know him a little bit better. He arrives a week after me, so I fully intend to show him around the city and help him get adjusted.

As we came out of the bar, we saw a rainbow! It was actually a full bow arching all the way across the town, but I could only photograph part of it from where I stood:



These are all pictures from the concert, which was awesome, as expected. Sasha, Elena, and Sergei are all so talented; they all play so many different instruments, and have fantastic voices. At the end, they played a dancing song, and many students got up to dance. Fun!




Tomorrow is the performance of our school play, for which my roommate Stephanie has been rehearsing for weeks. I'm really looking forward to it! In the meantime, I have tons of prep work to be doing for my finals, which start a week from today. Yikes. Hope all is well at home; I'll try to update again as soon as something interesting happens.

1 comment:

ame said...

i saw that same rainbow yesterday!!!!

beautiful!!!